I've known Christ for almost 12 years. Since receiving Salvation, my life has been one incredible blessing after another (John 1:16). I journal regularly and still, my thoughts and pen can not keep up with Him. Blogging is so natural for me. It also affords me the chance to click on this blog when I need to remember HIS faithfulness. I want those who doubt to know that God is good and His goodness is for all. I'm not His favorite, though I like to tease my friends and family by saying that I am. I oftentimes sign my letters and cards, ("Neicy! The one whom Jesus loves.) I may not be His favorite, but I am His Princess Bride and have been documenting my journey on that (blog) as well. I hope you delight in something I've shared and see that HE rewards those who seek Him with their whole hearts. (Read Hebrews 11:6).

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

What Have YOU Done For Me Lately? #PRAISE

GOD You are so very faithful and the COVID-19 has NOT changed that.  Not only are You still God, but You are still #good!

You are still answering prayers and I am still praising YOU!  Thank You for being such a steadfast Presence in my life.  Actually, not my life, but the life Your Son died to give me.  (Galatians 2:20-21).
Thank YOU for another celebrated Resurrection Sunday and the beautiful, awesome sunrise.  YES, the Son has risen indeed.  Glory Hallelujah.  I loved when Paul said in the gospels that if Christ had not resurrected, then we, the believers are the most to be pitied.

BUT CHRIST IS ALIVE and I am His!!!

God it still amazes me that You find purpose in me.  I thank You that in the midst of this pandemic, I can still be a presence for You and share the truth and the hope found in a relationship with Jesus Christ.

Over the past few months YOU have done so many great things in my life and those that I love and do life with.  THANK YOU for those who still have a job.  Thank You for those who still have food to eat.  Thank You for all the first line workers and responders.  Thank You for all the godly wisdom that came from and comes from YOU!  Thank You for the ways in which we can still communicate and encourage one another.

I pray that in this uncertainty, for the (lost soul) that people are seeking YOU!  You have proven to be #trustworthy and #loving!  YOU loved us all the way to the Cross!  Jesus willingly surrendered His life for us.  Our SINS and our shame, past failures, brokenness and disappointments.  HE suffered the wrath that was meant for mankind and I say, "THANK YOU!"

With that love, my response is "Here I am, use me."  And that's what You have been doing.  Thank You for the Rhema Word in the Book of Jonah and from Charles Spurgeon.  Thank You that I get to walk around this beautiful town of mine and engage people just as if I were on mission in Ghana, Japan or England.  Thank YOU that You care about every lost soul, whether around the corner or across the globe.  Thank You for giving me the truths by #entrusting me with Your gospel message.

This virus cannot stop the spread of the gospel and the Word is still life sustaining manna!  The Holy Spirit will never be bound!  Your Word heals and because of the GREAT LOVE You have for us, You desire spiritual healing over physical healing.

Thank You that perfect love cast out all fears.  You have given me a spirit of courage and confidence and I know that it is indeed Your Spirit and nothing I'm doing in my own will.

Thank You for those who allow me to share the gospel with them.  Thank You for those who truly stop, talk with me, share parts of themselves and actually listen.  YOU alone will transform hearts.  All You need are willing servants.  All You need is a submissive posture and a heart that adores You!

Thank You for the good health and provisions You've given to my parents, siblings, children, grangirls and extended family.  And also to me.  Sometimes my ankle still swells up, but when I can walk, I do know that it is by Your grace!!!

Thank You for my shelter, clean water, medication, food, cell phone, technology, medical insurance, and the ability to pay my living expenses.  Thank You for another tax return this year.  Thank You for a stimulus check and thank YOU for being our ALL PROVIDER!

Thank You for the gift of writing and the ability to blog.  Thank You for giving me the passion and time to update my blogs.  Thank You for the sunny days, the beautiful flowers, the bird's song, the trees, the breeze, the wind, the waves and the rest.  MOST importantly, thank YOU for the special and intentional time spent with me during Lenten season.  All those midnight dates and the intimacy was so very sacred to me and so very memorable.  I have been trying to document so much.  I've been using Siri, my notes section on the phone and saving so many of my favorite and new scriptures.

THANK YOU for all of the men and women who LOVE YOUR Word and do not misrepresent it or alter it.  Thank You for all of my prayer walks and the gift of tears.  Thank You for hearing all of my prayers and proving that You hear and care.  Thank You for pouring into our Shepperd's and church staff.

Thank You for the social media, and all the available technology tools that are being used for good. Specifically, giving the churches a way to stream sermons on line.  AND, I thank You for the freedom to stream or not.  To engage in social media or not.  To read Your Word with a group or just one on one.  Thank You for the freedom that You have given me in Christ Jesus!

I love this time with You as I know that everyone is NOT enjoying this pandemic.  Enjoying may seem like a strange Word, but the Book of James commands us to count it #all joy!  It is not a good thing to have happened and that is happening.  We are still in the midst of it and it does not seem to be a cure or vaccine in the near future.  Just the dire need for more and more testing.  The death toll is horrific and the sorrow and grief is beyond human understanding.  The average person cannot handle this kind of loss.  BUT with Christ, we can endure all things because we do not endure them alone and we are not left to do so.

YOU promised that You would never leave us nor forsake us!  YOU said in the famous book of Psalms that You are with us.  With the righteous and with those who mourn.  You are with the weak and with the searching hearts.  YOU are a GOD who walks with His people.  You proved that when You were the Pillar of Cloud by day, and the Fire by night, as the Israelites were sojourners through the wilderness!  They had never experienced that before and we have never experienced this before.  At least not those in their 80's and younger...

You said that even though we'd walk through the valley of the shadow of death, goodness and mercy would follow that.  I am seeing and experiencing Your goodness and I say, "THANK YOU!"

Thank You for the free film "The Chosen" on YouTube.  I loved seeing the human side of Jesus and that ways in which He interacted with His beloved disciples.  I loved how HE healed Mary and how Peter humbled himself at the feet of the Messiah!

Thank You for John Piper's audio book on YouTube.  Another free streaming and so applicable concerning Your Sovereignty and our response as Your church during this COVID-19 season of life.

Thank You for those who still have employment.  Thank You for those who are hiring and thank You for those who are able to work from home.  Thank You for all the schools who were able to give out Chromebooks and to help facilitate the kids as they learn from home.

Thank You for the ways in which You provide for SO MANY outside of the United States and across the globe.  I say a BIG thank YOU for hearing my prayers for so many that I will never meet.  Thank You for the gift of prayer.  Thank You for praise and worship music and thank YOU for being the ONE who holds the ending to not just this virus, but the final days for all of mankind.  The virus does not mark our day of death.  YOU are Sovereign and have already determined that.  YOU are all knowing and all powerful and nothing catches You off guard.  YOU created life and You alone know the end for us.  This virus does not have the final say.  The Book of Revelation clearly outlines the ending of this life on earth and it is such a precious gift to not be afraid.

What have You done for me lately?  YOU have continued to remind me that I am forgiven, loved, chosen, called, and equipped.  You have proven that YOU are a Mighty GOD who does what is Just and Good.  You have the ability to end this all right now, every awful thing and every breathing thing...BUT because YOU are still unfolding Your plan, we still have an opportunity to give You glory.  Those who believe still have an opportunity to be a witness to this HOPE that we have and those who have not decided to follow Jesus, still have time to decide.

THAT is the Sovereignty of God.  He is still pursuing souls, wanting to add to and advance His Kingdom and wanting to extend His love.  And, also, not forcing anyone to believe, but offering eternity everlasting for those who do.

God Your love is unconditional and eternal and I say --- THANK YOU!

So much more to thank YOU for....so much more...