I've known Christ for almost 12 years. Since receiving Salvation, my life has been one incredible blessing after another (John 1:16). I journal regularly and still, my thoughts and pen can not keep up with Him. Blogging is so natural for me. It also affords me the chance to click on this blog when I need to remember HIS faithfulness. I want those who doubt to know that God is good and His goodness is for all. I'm not His favorite, though I like to tease my friends and family by saying that I am. I oftentimes sign my letters and cards, ("Neicy! The one whom Jesus loves.) I may not be His favorite, but I am His Princess Bride and have been documenting my journey on that (blog) as well. I hope you delight in something I've shared and see that HE rewards those who seek Him with their whole hearts. (Read Hebrews 11:6).

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Being Barnabas PRAISE

I get to be Barnabas.  It was not my choosing or doing.  God had His hand in it and on me long ago.  I used to encourage people all the time.  I know the reasons why:  I was lost, afraid, insecure and unable to trust, so I didn't want anyone else feeling that way.  I did it for them solely because I desperately wanted someone to be "there" for me.

Once I surrendered to Christ, it was like He said, "You know that thing you do, that thing that you've always done? Yeah...that...now continue doing it, but instead of making it about you...TELL THEM ABOUT ME!"

Then, He led me to discover my spiritual gift(s)...you guessed it...EXHORTATION and ENCOURAGEMENT!  Yay and wow.... what a Psalm 139:16 experience....

I'm truly #experiencing the PRESENCE OF GOD! I'm so on track with what He wants me to do and I know this because it not only fills my life with peace beyond human reasoning, it not only touches me to the core of my soul...but it also ALIGNS with His Truths and His Will.

After sending out Barnabas text (which includes about 90 people) and after praying for a sister in Michigan, Grace...the Holy Spirit led me to this truth:

It was today's bible verse:  Denise, commit to the LORD whatever you do, and He will establish your plans; which were HIS PLANS to begin with. (Proverbs 16:3) Paraphrased.

Yes, I'm inside His will and He is establishing His plans for me.  I cannot tell you how awesome it feels that I don't have to be in control.  I'm not running anything nor am I in charge.  Not only was I a supervisor for 17 years, but I thought I was in control of my life and the lives of my children, to the degree of complete frustration and exhaustion.  It was such a Ferris Wheel and it lead nowhere.

In walked Jesus...May 4, 2008!  What a day...what a MIGHTY PRAISE!!!