I've known Christ for almost 12 years. Since receiving Salvation, my life has been one incredible blessing after another (John 1:16). I journal regularly and still, my thoughts and pen can not keep up with Him. Blogging is so natural for me. It also affords me the chance to click on this blog when I need to remember HIS faithfulness. I want those who doubt to know that God is good and His goodness is for all. I'm not His favorite, though I like to tease my friends and family by saying that I am. I oftentimes sign my letters and cards, ("Neicy! The one whom Jesus loves.) I may not be His favorite, but I am His Princess Bride and have been documenting my journey on that (blog) as well. I hope you delight in something I've shared and see that HE rewards those who seek Him with their whole hearts. (Read Hebrews 11:6).

Friday, July 6, 2018

Last Prayer Walk Praise

This morning, I thought it would be raining and was planning in my head what to do.  I knew that I was going to take my hat to Jessica, if she wanted it.  After walking daddy to his car, I gave Chet a greeting card to thank him for his kindness and then I began my last prayer walk in Akron!  HOW Faithful it GOD!?  I can't help but PRAISE HIM!!!
First thing this morning, I saw Mary Lee.  I hugged her and gave her my number.  I told her that I love to pray and that I’m only a prayer away!  She said that she was going to tell her sister about me and forgot.  She said, “That day that I saw you, you really blessed me.”  I told her the other day, I saw another woman with the LIGHT of Christ surrounding her.”

I walked my usual route and felt the Holy Spirit telling me to go into the furniture store.  Each time I walked passed it, I quietly wondered why it was open so early.  ______ was inside and I told him that I was on a prayer walk.  He said that he was blessed and didn’t need prayer.  I then pried, and he changed his mind.  He asked that I pray for his health.  He then went on to say for the strength to stop smoking.  I told him about the POWER of the Holy Spirit and how he was not going to be able to do it on his own.  He was a Catholic but only the God knows if he has a personal relationship with our Savior and solely depends on the Spirit for strength.  I told him that we can’t, but GOD can! He was grateful for our talk and shook my hand. 

I met Mariah, a 26 year old mom of a 2 year old with NO Prayer needs.  She was busy setting up the store, so I gave her a gospel track and asked if she could read it later.  While paying for my food, I pried and told her that I found that hard to believe that she had not one prayer need.  She said, “Life’s good.  I’m happy right now!”  I said, “When I was 26, I felt  that way also, but happiness is not continuous and they’ll surely come a time when things aren’t good.”  After eating half of my sandwich, I went to tell her that the coffee was the worst that I’d ever had and that I don’t think God sent me there to get coffee.  I asked her if anyone had ever shared their faith with her and she admitted that she was raised Catholic and that her parents forced religion on her.  She went on to say that she’d do it on her own terms.  I told her that she is being given that chance now and how the Lord sent me to talk with her.  I said to forget that “religion” that was forced on you way back then and to give GOD another chance.  “Having a relationship with Christ is not forced, but free will.”  After talking a little more, and also sharing how she could start praying God's will for her daughter, she smiled and said what’s your name again? Then shook my hand and said, “Thank You.”

Walking back, I prayed with Autumn.  A woman at the bus stop on the phone with her fiancé and struggling with smoking.  She put him on hold while we prayed, and I was weeping during our prayer.  God told me to tell her that she would get COPD if she didn’t stop and she said, “My grandmother has it and told me the same thing. This ain’t nothing BUT GOD!”  I prayed for her health and her upcoming marriage also. 

I was singing a song that I (made up) to the Lord and saw a woman by the dealership door.  I was not going to talk with her and the Spirit told me to.  I asked if she needed prayer and she did.  NOTHING BUT THE LORD at work!  GOD is AWESOME.  Her prayer was that the “struggle she had” would be given to the Lord and that she would not pick it back up.  She was so grateful.  It was incredible to be used by God in Sonia’s time of need!

Lastly, once again, I was not going to talk to him and the Spirit told me to.  Quantrez was raking the grass and I called out to him twice.  He was wearing his earbuds and had his back to me.  I thought since he didn’t respond, “Oh well.  I tried.”  The Holy Spirit told me to walk around the sidewalk to the other side and speak with him.  He was a 16 year old Christian and I asked him what was he doing with his faith.  He shrugged his shoulders.  I talked with him for quite awhile about things to do for God’s Kingdom and how he was not too young to make a difference in this community and in the lives of his friends.  He said, “Thank you ma’am.”  I told him not to be shy or afraid.  I told him to ask the Lord for strength each day and it will be given to him.

LORD it's YOUR Spirit and so not me.  I want to sleep in and have some time to do absolutely nothing.  BUT then, a new day comes and we are at it once again....walking and talking and seeking the lost.  HELP ME!  Day after day, help me to do Your will and not allow me to have my way.  I only want what YOU want for me.  In Jesus' name! Amen!