I've known Christ for almost 12 years. Since receiving Salvation, my life has been one incredible blessing after another (John 1:16). I journal regularly and still, my thoughts and pen can not keep up with Him. Blogging is so natural for me. It also affords me the chance to click on this blog when I need to remember HIS faithfulness. I want those who doubt to know that God is good and His goodness is for all. I'm not His favorite, though I like to tease my friends and family by saying that I am. I oftentimes sign my letters and cards, ("Neicy! The one whom Jesus loves.) I may not be His favorite, but I am His Princess Bride and have been documenting my journey on that (blog) as well. I hope you delight in something I've shared and see that HE rewards those who seek Him with their whole hearts. (Read Hebrews 11:6).

Saturday, January 6, 2018

YOU Give Me Ears to Hear PRAISE

God because YOU are so affectionate toward me and because everything was created by You and for You, I was able to watch Christian TV last night.  Yes and YAY...Beth Moore was on and I love her.  She loves You and she loves Your Word!  Her testimony is evident that You are MIGHTY to Save!  You take messy and broken lives and turn them into #beautiful Romans 8:28 stories that point to Your Ginormous Heart!  I was listening as she used the below scripture to ask this:  "How are you stewarding your God given, Holy Spirit #anointed gift(s)?"  Awesome Word for me and awesome truths to meditate on.  I recorded it with my cell.  I thank You and I PRAISE YOU!
Judges 16:14-21
You’re still lying and making a fool of me,” Delilah said. “Tell me how I can tie you up!”
“My hair is in seven braids,” Samson replied. “If you weave my braids into the threads on a loom and nail the loom[f] to a wall, then I will be as weak as anyone else.”

14 While Samson was asleep, Delilah wove his braids into the threads on a loom and nailed the loom to a wall.[g] Then she shouted, “Samson, the Philistines are attacking!”
Samson woke up and pulled the loom free from its posts in the ground and from the nails in the wall. Then he pulled his hair free from the woven cloth.

15 “Samson,” Delilah said, “you claim to love me, but you don’t mean it! You’ve made me look like a fool three times now, and you still haven’t told me why you are so strong.” 16 Delilah started nagging and pestering him day after day, until he couldn’t stand it any longer.

17 Finally, Samson told her the truth. “I have belonged to God[h] ever since I was born, so my hair has never been cut. If it were ever cut off, my strength would leave me, and I would be as weak as anyone else.”

18 Delilah realized that he was telling the truth. So she sent someone to tell the Philistine rulers, “Come to my house one more time. Samson has finally told me the truth.”
The Philistine rulers went to Delilah’s house, and they brought along the silver they had promised her. 19 Delilah had lulled Samson to sleep with his head resting in her lap. She signaled to one of the Philistine men as she began cutting off Samson’s seven braids. And by the time she was finished, Samson’s strength was gone. Delilah tied him up 20 and shouted, “Samson, the Philistines are attacking!”
Samson woke up and thought, “I’ll break loose and escape, just as I always do.” He did not realize that the Lord had stopped helping him.

21 The Philistines grabbed Samson and poked out his eyes. They took him to the prison in Gaza and chained him up. Then they put him to work, turning a millstone to grind grain. 22 But they didn’t cut his hair any more, so it started growing back.
-------------------------
Beth was saying how deceived Sampson was with Delilah.  Not only did he fail to use discernment when asked, "How can I tie you up?"  But he had not realized that the Spirit of God had left him.